- Want to build your own antenna mast that telescopes without guy wires?
- Use these plans for free to build your own.
There are several ways to put up an antenna at your home and while I wanted to go as high as legally possible, I didn't want to have it up there permanently with guy-wires extending all over my roof. The design shown here is for a GMRS radio application in support of CERT activities during a disaster.
The procedure outlined is a bit more complicated than merely putting up a mast with guy-wires but the pay off has been great considering I wanted an antenna mast that satisfied the following 4 requirements:- Rapid Deployment: Once installed, I want to raise it quickly and easily (in less than 60 seconds) using a hand crank. (Easily means a child could raise it.)
- Does Not Stand Out: I wanted this mast when up or down to not be an eyesore. Keeping a low profile with no guy-wires is a must. Why upset the neighbors?
- Inexpensive To Build: You can spend a lot of money on telescoping antenna mast systems, up into the thousands of dollars; I wanted to build it for around $150 or less. It can be done!
- Maximum Height: Can extend to the maximum allowable height allowed by law for GMRS which is 20' above your home.
If you have the 4 requirements above and enjoy do-it-yourself projects, then this web site will give you a lot of ideas on how to build your own Telescoping Home Antenna Mast! The information provided here is free to use and hopefully will help you out with some ideas.
To enter the site and see how it was built...